Xhak - Patreon - Master
Jessica - Patreon - Initiate
Tessasgoat - Patreon - Apprentice
Selene S. - Patreon - Initiate
Ko-Fi Club - Xhak, Mieren, Jesteronimo, Crazy Cookie Lady, Kelly, Rhaelyant, Tom, Hstevens5, Notos, Cecil Azul, AriZo, Becca, Caitlyn
World building is one of the tallest tasks of writing but it's the foundation of your story house. The better your world building, the taller your house can be until you've got a wizard's tower that's scraping the top of the atmosphere.
Unfortunately I myself don't have many personal tips and tricks at present for world building, so instead I'm going to share some links to some of my favorite free articles and lessons, as well as a list of things to consider when building.
This first one is my top recommendation, it's very easy to understand:
A few world building elements to consider:
10. Magic & Science
11. Food ; sources and types ; diets of the native people
12. Regions on the planet ; Northern, Southern, Western, Eastern
13. Manners & Taboos ; greetings, displays of respect, insults
14. Fashion and dress ; will be greatly influence by climate, culture, and resources
15. Common vs Luxury ; harder to acquire materials will result in higher values
16. Education ; how do they teach? More scholarly or more personal experience orientated
17. Daily life
18. Calendar ; how long are the days & nights, how do they chronicle the passage of time? By counting moon cycles, seasons, clocks, solar position and astrology, etc.
20. Transportation & Communication.
That's it for today,